MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello was wondering if I could get a little help here w my clutch adjustment issue. Ive searched n youtubed a bunch but still cant quite get this right.

So I’ve noticed my clutch pedal sat higher than manual spec and is like 185-190 mm off ground, and I noticed the pedal never really rested on the stopper and was constantly pulling on the cmc. not sure if this is normal as I sometimes have issue getting into first gear/ getting out of first gear when moving (need to pump clutch once or twice).

But anyways, so my question is should I adjust the pedal lower (having trouble unlocking the locking nut due to location) first then readjust the rod, or can i just extend the rod until the pedal rests against the stopper again but then the only has a couple threads before it wants to fall outta the clevis.

And what does it mean when the manuals says rod play? Cuz when I screw the rod more into the clevis, it pulls the pedal off the bumper.

I also noticed my pedal is also missing the rubber bumper for pedal height adjustment, which im guessing would affect the pedal height as well. (Probably should get that too im guessing)

Thanks,
Kenny

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have to pump your pedal you need to bleed your clutch hydraulics or replace the master.

Bleeding the clutch on these cars is not easy.
Mmm I can try that again, cuz Ive already replaced the master and the slave n clutch and got it bled by two diff shops and it’s still kinda like that.

At this point I may try to bleed it myself for piece of mind.

But any tips on the pedal?

·
Administrator
91t gen5
7,420 Posts
Seemed straightforward to me. Vacuum bled from the slave bleed nipple today. However, I was still getting air bubbles at the end. I assumed the hose wasn't fitting tight enough, but may be mistaken.
Put grease around the threads of the bleeder screw, that should stop the bubbles you are seeing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts