MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellow mr2 owners i am having a problem with my 91 mr2 n/a. i dont know if it is my clutch or something else. every time i am at a constant speed then i have to increase speed for some reason i step on the gas more and my rpm goes high then it goes back down to i guess the original rpm it is suppose to be at. I was wondering if there would be another problem besides my clutch. i dont want to change my clutch and that not be the problem cuz as you guys know a new clutch is not cheap... so if you guys had this problem before or know wat the solution to this problem would be that would really help me out.....thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
If the car sorta shakes, back and forth when it happens, then I'd say that clutch is slipping. I think your initial diagnosis is correct.
I can't think of anything else that has the same symptoms.
Anyone else chime in?

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
pinoyboi2006 said:
every time i am at a constant speed then i have to increase speed for some reason i step on the gas more and my rpm goes high then it goes back down to i guess the original rpm it is suppose to be at. I was wondering if there would be another problem besides my clutch.
Those are the classic symtoms of a failing clutch. Not really doubt about this diagnosis.

If revs increase and speed doesn't keep up, the clutch is slipping.

bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts