MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so when i launch my car my clutch pedel stays almost all the way to the floor making it hard to shift, it SLOWLY comes back up, also when i get high into the revs i can feel a vibration in the clutch pedel, anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
check the clutch fluid.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i will check those things, i was justthinking and why would it do it only with higher rpms? its not like the master and slave cylinders are on pulleys or sumthing? kinda weird

·
Registered
740 Posts
this sounds like my car as well. I have what i was told is the stock clutch (but it sure feels heavy). The car only has 50K miles on it. Anything under 6K RPM's and it is fine. But if I autocross the car or rev it out past 6700ish RPM's, the clutch pedal feels sticky, like it doesn't want to come back up as smoothly. I can't see it being the hydraulics since they are in no way affected by engine RPM's. I'm thinking that it is the throwout bearing not wanting to slide on the shaft. My clutch feel returns to normal after a couple minutes when everythign has a chance to cool down a bit.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Dr. Pepper said:
I can't see it being the hydraulics since they are in no way affected by engine RPM's.
but if the clutch is slipping in any way, then higher RPM will mean higher levels of heat. the heat would transfer into the fluid, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
740 Posts
diabolical1 said:
but if the clutch is slipping in any way, then higher RPM will mean higher levels of heat. the heat would transfer into the fluid, wouldn't it?
My clutch is definately not slipping. Either way, heat couldn't be transfered well into the clutch fluid anyways, since the the heat would have to be transfered from the disk/plate through the diaphram spring to the throwout bearing to the throwout fork to the clutch slave cylinder. This isn't really going to happen. Any heat in the clutch fluid system is usually from the line running close to the turbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts