MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought the car and put a new clutch into it, Everything with the clutch is perfect and have also replaced the track rod end, but when driving I hear a constant knocking/clunking noise when driving and gets worse when I turn and have noticed that there is a slight play in the offside rear driveshaft.

Has anyone got any idea what this could be

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've recently bought the car and put a new clutch into it, Everything with the clutch is perfect and have also replaced the track rod end, but when driving I hear a constant knocking/clunking noise when driving and gets worse when I turn and have noticed that there is a slight play in the offside rear driveshaft.

Has anyone got any idea what this could be
I know the car is new to you. Do you have any records telling you when the struts were last replaced? I've found that about every 65k miles or so, the rear struts start clunking.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
So many possibilities. Going to guess wheel bearing or motor mounts. Recent purchased car you should inspect all the wheel bearings, motor mounts, and suspension parts (don't forget strut top bushings).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts