MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I have finally decided it is time to move away from one of the biggest passions of my life. I have owned, built and collected MKI MR2's for almost 30 years. I have owned more than 30 of these amazing cars. Along the way I have also amassed a treasure trove of AW11 related parts that are highly sought after and not to be found ANYWHERE except my garage. This is a difficult thing to do, but life changes and so I must look at what lies ahead... and smile at all the great memories and friends I have made over the years being a part of the MR2 community.

Let me be clear. I have THOUSANDS of parts. Some new. Some used. Some that you will never see again for sale because they are that rare. My collection is headed by the one car that all AW11 nerds know about. The infamous HKS Twincharged MKI MR2. I have not yet decided upon the fate of this car, but will gauge interest in it as my shelves begin to clear.

That said, I would like to kick this off by offering an opportunity to own two separate pieces of HKS MR2 lore... In the 80's, HKS made THREE different kits for the venerable 4A-GE engine. First was the well known but never seen TWINCHARGER kit. Second, HKS made a TURBO kit specifically designed for the MKI. Last, but certainly not least, HKS did in fact, make a separate SUPERCHARGER kit for the 4A-GE - (AW11 specific)

Well, I have a COMPLETE, BRAND NEW NEVER INSTALLED HKS SUPERCHARGED KIT complete with the manual in Japanese. This is the opportunity of a lifetime to own something that NO ONE HAS!

To make it even crazier, I have a 100% complete HKS TURBO KIT (stage 3) removed from a car built in California by an HKS authorized dealer. The car was sold to a friend years ago but I kept the kit. This INCLUDES THE ULTRA RARE AW11 CAST TURBO manifold and down-pipe with the PROPER downward positioning for the turbo.
(Unlike the readily available and often lied about upward pointing manifold designed for the AE86.) I was in the process of building another TWINCHARGED motor homogenizing these two kits for the wildest, most authentic HKS MKI EVER, but just can't devote the time to it.

Let me make this clear now: I DO NOT need to sell these kits. They have been resting peacefully in my climate controlled garage and home for years. I do this with hesitation. But to the RIGHT buyer who understands and appreciates just what they will be buying... and for the right price I will let them go.

Please DO NOT waste my time if you are a tire kicker. I will happily reply to any and all respectable offers.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK before contacting me with some sad, pathetic offer as I will not respond unless you have legitimate questions and money to spend.
DO NOT ASK ME WHAT THE LOWEST PRICE I WILL TAKE IS!

These kits were sold BEFORE THE INTERNET EXISTED!!!

I have MKI MR2's in my DNA and this is where I draw the line between legit tuners interested in the rarest of the rare parts from the dreamers that spend too much time playing Grand Turismo.

All the pictures you could ever ask for available upon request by anyone with a serious interest in owning these kits!

I have BNIB OEM MKIB MR2 bras, car covers, engine parts, body parts... used wiring harnesses, SC12 superchargers, complete running 4A-GZE longblocks,

TOO MUCH TO LIST!!!

Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
All, I have finally decided it is time to move away from one of the biggest passions of my life. I have owned, built and collected MKI MR2's for almost 30 years. I have owned more than 30 of these amazing cars. Along the way I have also amassed a treasure trove of AW11 related parts that are highly sought after and not to be found ANYWHERE except my garage. This is a difficult thing to do, but life changes and so I must look at what lies ahead... and smile at all the great memories and friends I have made over the years being a part of the MR2 community.

Let me be clear. I have THOUSANDS of parts. Some new. Some used. Some that you will never see again for sale because they are that rare. My collection is headed by the one car that all AW11 nerds know about. The infamous HKS Twincharged MKI MR2. I have not yet decided upon the fate of this car, but will gauge interest in it as my shelves begin to clear.

That said, I would like to kick this off by offering an opportunity to own two separate pieces of HKS MR2 lore... In the 80's, HKS made THREE different kits for the venerable 4A-GE engine. First was the well known but never seen TWINCHARGER kit. Second, HKS made a TURBO kit specifically designed for the MKI. Last, but certainly not least, HKS did in fact, make a separate SUPERCHARGER kit for the 4A-GE - (AW11 specific)

Well, I have a COMPLETE, BRAND NEW NEVER INSTALLED HKS SUPERCHARGED KIT complete with the manual in Japanese. This is the opportunity of a lifetime to own something that NO ONE HAS!

To make it even crazier, I have a 100% complete HKS TURBO KIT (stage 3) removed from a car built in California by an HKS authorized dealer. The car was sold to a friend years ago but I kept the kit. This INCLUDES THE ULTRA RARE AW11 CAST TURBO manifold and down-pipe with the PROPER downward positioning for the turbo.
(Unlike the readily available and often lied about upward pointing manifold designed for the AE86.) I was in the process of building another TWINCHARGED motor homogenizing these two kits for the wildest, most authentic HKS MKI EVER, but just can't devote the time to it.

Let me make this clear now: I DO NOT need to sell these kits. They have been resting peacefully in my climate controlled garage and home for years. I do this with hesitation. But to the RIGHT buyer who understands and appreciates just what they will be buying... and for the right price I will let them go.

Please DO NOT waste my time if you are a tire kicker. I will happily reply to any and all respectable offers.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK before contacting me with some sad, pathetic offer as I will not respond unless you have legitimate questions and money to spend.

I have MKI MR2's in my DNA and this is where I draw the line between legit tuners interested in the rarest of the rare parts from the dreamers that spend too much time playing Grand Turismo.

All the pictures you could ever ask for available upon request by anyone with a serious interest in owning these kits!

I have BNIB OEM MKIB MR2 bras, car covers, engine parts, body parts... used wiring harnesses, SC12 superchargers, complete running 4A-GZE longblocks,

TOO MUCH TO LIST!!!

E-mail sent

·
Registered
5 Posts

TOO MUCH TO LIST!!!

Just sent an email! Just bought an 87 and hopefully you have some of the stuff I’ve been trying to find

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All, the HKS Supercharger is SOLD. A TRUE piece of early Japanese tuner lore. I hope the new owner will share with everyone when it is installed and running!

·
Registered
6 Posts
E-mail sent
So I had a very GOOD dealing with Ken. I needed the door hinges for my 1986 and he had them. They even are already red.! He also had a coolant recovery tank and some interior control levers. Everything was packed well and arrived very quickly. They will be going back into service here very shortyl to keep my MR2 working great.Very nice man to talk with. So if you need hard to find parts, give Ken a try.(y)(y)(y)
1626576914204.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts

TOO MUCH TO LIST!!!

Sent you an email, hopefully you have what I'm looking for :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

TOO MUCH TO LIST!!!

E mail sent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts