MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. The dash lights for the climate control panel on my 2003 Spyder have stopped working. The gauge cluster lights are still working normally. I removed the knobs and cover from the panel and see that there are two bulbs (see pic) attached to either side of a circuit board. I loosened this board and managed to remove these bulbs (bayonet type like christmas tree lights) and they both have continuity so I assume they are good. It doesn't seem like these two small bulbs would provide enough light for all three controls dials and the knob indicators. There might be other affected bulbs behind the control unit. Is there a fuse dedicated to this panel? Is there a schematic available? My Toyota service manual doesn't show anything other than the entire climate control unit. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can look for this problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
91t gen5
6,766 Posts
This is where you're going to have to diagnose on your own. Toyota considers this a whole unit and doesn't provide diagnostics or diagrams for repair, they simply replace the whole thing. I don't have a wiring diagram to share with you but if it were a fuse all of the interior lights would be out not just these.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts