MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a MR2 that had a clear Plexiglass (I guess) engine lid and it looked awesome and it had a single small fan in the center along with a set of low pro roof scoops.

I just want to know where I can find these items since I am prepping my NA mr2 for the swap to a 3sgte I want these two items before I paint the car but cannot find them on Ebay and I know they would look nice on my mr2. any links or info (good or bad reviews would be nice)

·
Registered
79 Posts
sorry, don't have any reviews nor pictures...but are you sure you 'd want a plexiglass engine lid? The idea is great for show quality, but I think it'd only create more theft-attraction. IMO :dontknow:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a good point.But It will be a sat-sunday only car and will be garaged the rest of the time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clear engine lid??

Most likley my 1992 Dodge Spirt LE 3.2L (sadly it is faster then my NA MR2)

Or my brothers MR2 (he is in florida so he wouldent mind)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
There was posts on this forum a while back about it.
He was building his own home made plexiglass engine lid, I think he was making it slope from the roof of the car following the body line.

Anyways it involved building a custom vaccuum former, but since for some GOD AWFUL reason this forums search function like to filter out useful words in your search.

THUS searching for vaccuum former returns results for only vaccuum, since apparently former is way too common (like the word vaccuum isnt)....

Anyhow it was discussed at length about 3 or 4 months ago, if that helps. I tried searching for you but as said above, I can get no useful search results.

**edit**
I did find a few links you might want to see...I think
LINK 1
OOO I found it!
HERE IT IS
**edit**

hope that helps...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clear engine lid??

WoW... some of those engine lids were insane. The bigger ones that cover the back window were too much for my taste but I did like the smaller ones

Now I just have to find out where to buy one and all will be good.

also has anyone run across any nice roof air scoops (I think thats what there called) for a reasonable price. I want both driver and passenger side

And thanks for all the info guys

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
john57g said:
WoW... some of those engine lids were insane. The bigger ones that cover the back window were too much for my taste but I did like the smaller ones

Now I just have to find out where to buy one and all will be good.

also has anyone run across any nice roof air scoops (I think thats what there called) for a reasonable price. I want both driver and passenger side

And thanks for all the info guys
AFAIK there are 2 mains types of side roof scoops, Toms and Bomex.
Toms are more rounded open design, and the Bomex are narrower and more square.
Just search for either and I am sure you'll find plenty of pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts