MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had a chronic axle seal leak since i went from na to turbo. ive always noticed that my passenger side axle never makes it all the way to the casing (the metal ring that is). after some searching, im wonder if maybe its an na axle? its really weird though, because pa auto racing did my swap, so i imagine that the axles came w/ the motor set. one thing i have learned though is that my trans came w/ an aftermarket lsd (90% sure). when changing my gear oil, i used 75w90ns (w/ no lsd additive), since the stock lsd is a sealed viscous. instantly the, as far as i can imagine, clutch disks binded whenever id turn. after my rebuild i put in oil w/ and lsd additive, and even though ive only driven it for maybe a quarter mile, i dont think my clutches bind anymore. think maybe the aftermarket lsd could be to blame?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Is the axle clip in the carrier bearing? My friend had the same problem, installed 3 axle seals and didn't realize there was supposed to be a clip in there. Without the clip the axle slides in and out of the trans, especially when driving

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im pretty sure the clip is in there. its in there tight. it wont go any further, and the ring isnt seated...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts