MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The short of the long is my EFI fuse burned up for some reason and my car died the other day. I found this out only after tearing apart my entire ignition system... I put everything back together, dropped in a new fuse, and the car runs perfect...

Except now I have a check engine light. Is there something I have to reset, etc? I double checked all my connections and everything seems to be solid. Any ideas on why this light is now on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
to clear the code leave the thing unpowered for a minute or so. i think it only needs 30 seconds though. you can pull the computer's fuse or just disconnect the negative from the battery.

if the light returns you need to find out what the code is.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
but like i said.... you may want to check what the code is first...... look for the vacuum diagram on the underside of the engine lid.... there you'll see something about the diagnostic plug.... it'll tell you what to jumper, then turn the key to "on" and count the flashes...... there will be a series of flashes (like, 1 or 2 etc) followed by a second set.... 2 flashes, pause, then 6 flashes (for isntance) would be a code 26

1 - 4 of 4 Posts