MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well i swaped my 91 na to a 93 turbo and ever since i have had a few problems. the main one is that when driving, most of the time if i hit boost or go over like a thrid throtle the check engine light comes on and it feels like it cuts the ingnition or something. the car just falls dead on its face and if you let off the throtle for a few seconds it will go away usually. i dont really know where to start so any input would be great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx ill try that, my speedo isnt hooked up right now, i did not know if that would do that im new to mr2's

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes if the car dies (it idles really low somtimes) or i turn it off the check engine light is not on. im kind of at a loss, i have to change my elec tranny to manual or my cable cluster to elec to hook up my speed sensor, im not sure which way to go, but if it turns off the check engine light is not on when it is restarted

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
there is a mechanical gear in your na tranny. i don't think the speed would be totally correct, but i think it would work. mechanical is the way to go or buy new wires all the way to your cluster (2 of em i think that are like $50 each atleast, pluse a cluster isn't easy to find). if you go electronic, i have a cluster (jdm in kph) that i'd like to sell. email at [email protected] for pics and price.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Yup, sounds like FC to me.

Why do people want board members to guess why they get a CEL, when all they have to do use the diagnostic procedure and let the ECU tell them why it came on?

bill

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i dont have a whole lot of time. and the check engine light goes away... so do you have anything constructive to add to help me in any way? maybe i was looking for a place to start because i feel alot of people on this board can steer me in the right direction. thx for the help mr two i might be emailing you about the cluster.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The CEL goes away but the code is saved until you clear it. Follow the instuctions in the BGB here to get the code. Then clear the codes so if it happens again you aren't reading old codes.

Post back here with the code you are getting and I'm sure people can point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
boostedcx said:
well i dont have a whole lot of time. and the check engine light goes away... so do you have anything constructive to add to help me in any way? .

As kennyc pointed out, all errors are save in memory unless you clear them. The CEL does NOT have to lit to read the codes.

bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts