MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my way home tonight I decided to have some fun on a straight away and just enjoy the pleasures of owning an MR2. I gave it some gas in third gear and reved up to about 5000rpms, the crappy boost gauge was past the "+" symbol. Then all of a sudden my "Check Engine" light pops on, I immediately took my foot off the accelerator and then almost instantaneously my engine sounded like it just stopped altogether but it didn't turn off. The RPM just dropped.

The engine light went off about 7 seconds later and judging from what happened, it seemed like fuel cut kicked in or something. But I know that fuel cut only happens when you exceed 12psi, and I'm pretty sure that?s not the case since the only mod?s on my car are a Greddy PeX and a K&N air filter.

I gave it a little more gas and the engine light came back and the same thing happened again. It almost seems like every time I boost the engine light comes on and my RPM's drop. I'm really concerned and was wondering if anybody here has any idea as to what this might be. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
first4age said:
You hit "fuel cut".
Really? I guess I would be kind of a newb when it comes to this (Because it's never happened before!) so I'm a bit confuesed. Please correct when I'm wrong but doesn't fuel cut happen when you reach or exceed 12psi? and if I did reach 12 psi is it from my modifications? I've heard of exhaust raising the PSI but never really new if it would raise it that much...

So if its "fuel cut" like you said, what do I do now? will the check engine light continue to go off like it was? I mean, I obvioulsy am gonna need a FCD in the future but in the meantime what should I do? Thanks for your help Su!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts