MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
mr.ikon said:
but the twosrus mbc allows you to boost higher than 12 right?
Yes it does. Buy the Two'sRus one and save yourself the headache. Saving a few bucks isn't worth the danger, especially for a piece as critical as the boost controller.

·
Premium Member
12,276 Posts
The ebay controller will probably work just fine. But...if it ever malfunctions, or if you need any help in setting it up, or if it ever needs service, you'll wish you had spent $50 for the twosrus.

BTW, the CT26 will make about 20 psi with no boost control at all. But there is little, if any, power gained above about 15 psi.

bill

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
billwot said:
BTW, the CT26 will make about 20 psi with no boost control at all. But there is little, if any, power gained above about 15 psi.

bill
I never said I was running a CT26 :evillaugh:.
I just need to test my system and am not keeping it in the car for long. Eventually I will go back to some sort of EBC.

Thanks for your responses

·
Registered
80 Posts
I remember making a MBC w/ the online supplied information for my old turbo civic...well, first of all, the car was leaking boost...and the MBC didn't help much as well, nor I recalling seeing boost increase in the boost gauge. So, I decided to give my girlfriend's brother's 91 Alltrac a try. He said he felt little differences, but not by much. So, we discarded the home made attempt, and he settled for a Twosrus MBC.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've had two eBay MBCs fail...they both had to be backed out extremely far to run 11 or 12 psi, which ended up resulting in the adjustment screw popping out. If you don't ever want to run low boost it should be fine...different eBay MBCs will have different results, too.

My next boost controller will be the twos r' us version. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
i agree with these guys...i wasted just about $50 on two different versions of the ebay MBC + shipping. the first one only got me to 9 psi and the second one was similar to the one you linked to...same story...except only about 8.5 psi

·
Registered
907 Posts
i would go with the tworus. have had zero problems with mine since i got it. have ran anywhere from 8psi to 17psi. for me $30 savings (twosrus comes with hoses and other hardware) isnt worth it buying on ebay something so important.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
oh geeza, it checks dig dat boost controlla was sniped by "johnny spunky is wicked", unless dat is yous usin a sneaky alias to ide your real identity, and yous is for real ali g. idin behind da screun name blakmoun

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
ain't yous people eva eard of ali g. before? yous geezers need to get wiv da program

(sorry, if you haven't seen any Ali G. before, it's alomst an inside joke then... and the guy who posted the original question has got a sweet picture of Ali G. for his avtar)

or, as Ali G would say...

(sorry, if yous ain't checked any ali g. before, it's alomst an inside joke thun... and da geeza who posted da original question as got a wicked picture of ali g. fa is avtar))

http://www.disbealig.com/

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.