MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I have the tom's front bumper on and I need to change my radiator. How can I take the front bumper off and put it back on without damaging the bumper. Does anyone know if the PWR aluminum radiator is a good radiator? Any pics

THanks alot

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
mr2insane said:
hey, I have the tom's front bumper on and I need to change my radiator. How can I take the front bumper off and put it back on without damaging the bumper.
very carefully, LOL. you might want to check in the body work section, and like J&H said "What's wrong with your radiator that you need to change it?"

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine is ugly and i'm planning to put it in the show. so i was thinking about putting on something nicer. How is the radiator. Couldn't find much about it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Is there something about the Tom's bumper that prevents you from installing the radiator? You don't need to remove the stock bumper when swapping out radiators...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
no benefit in using a larger radiator with more capacity other than increased weight and needing to add more coolant when you flush. If you are building a show car then by all means go for it, for functionality purposes its a waste of time. I am still using a non-turbo version radiator and has been working fine. I do however have a TRD thermostat that I will be replacing for a OEM one.

http://www.absoluteradiator.com/Intercoolers.asp some info on PWR..
Dan

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I screwed it up.. sorry :)
there is an mr2 with a 3SFE (did not know that) that had the same number as the turbo, the 5SFE has a different one,.. mixed them up. :rolleyes:

But the turbo rad is cheaper, that is one thing i do know because i bought one last week :p (paid 280 usd for it)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
ndisgii said:
Just wondering if the PWR radiator is any lighter than the OEM one. If it is, that could be a small benefit... :)
Even if it is, unless you want to have the front end lift up easier for drag racing, you don't want to make the front end lighter than it already is. The rear is where you want to remove the weight. Just one reason I have not bought a CF hood, the front end is already much lighter than the rear.

Dan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts