MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what i heard is that, well from my teacher is that...

you should be very careful when buying a car from Texas. I've noticed that many cars are being sold from Texas area.

...i heard that the cars that were from Louisiana durring the hurricane. they were in the flood and damaged and people brought them to Texas and got them re-registered as a Clean Title.

has anyone heard about this.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
texas isn't one of those states where it is "easy" to wash a title. Getting a salvage rebuild requires quite a bit of red tape. Ask your teacher if he has any evidence to prove his claim. If he doesn't, it's just his theory to make him feel important.

-Brad

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Also the number of cars damaged in Texas is MUCH smaller than the number from Louisiana, Mississippi and even Arkansas. Hurricane Katrina did little if any damage to us and Rita seemed to stall and only sideswipe us. You should be able to track a title history that includes LA or one of the other ravaged states until a transfer of title promptly after the storms. I know that a lot of the cars that are currently for sale in Texas have come from out of state, but Arizona, Illinois, New York, California, not LA, or MS.
I'm with Brad on the teacher being full of bull. People say goofy stuff all of the time, just to have something to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.