MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new 2 (was Carfax request)

If anyone has a current carfax report I would love to see info on the following VIN:

JT2AW15C8K0155654

Thanks
Coty

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
I have a friend that is doing a Carfax report for you. I'll e-mail it to you once I get it.

Peace-

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
I can tell you it was one of the last 6000 MkI's ever built. It should have a build date of 3/89, and it is after ALL the upgrades - so it has all the best stuff. ;)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Post Deleted By woodc... I do not want to cross post and I could not figure out how to change the thread title :)

Thanks
Coty

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
woodc said:
We are going to put it on the "******* frame machine" tonight to pull the front back out . . .
Truck and tree, or 2 trucks?? ;)

BTW, if the damage is very deep, I recommend a 4x4 truck and a BIG tree. These cars are TOUGH!!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2500 4x4 Suburban with 7.4 liter 454 V8 and a big tree <grin> The last wrecked two we fixed was a 91T and we used an International Scout which was great fun. To bend the bumper beam back we actually drove the Scout off of ramps and let it fall onto the back of the bend <grin> It was very ******* <snicker>

Coty

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
woodc, is the VIN correct. My friend told it wasn't. Can you try looking at it.

Polymorph, I'll have to look for ya.

Peace-

F

·
0 Posts
hello, wow... i am new here and posted some stuff regarding buying a mk1,.. i would like to ask if it is possible to get a report as well, i hope it isn't seen as leeching.. but if not it is alright..

i dont have the vin yet, but will meet w/ the person on thursday and i'll ask her if you can help me.

thanks.. pm me or let me know if it is okay..

thanks again

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
If it's a bad VIN, it's in the 3 digits in the middle "C9J" - the rest of it is correct for a MkI.

Another interesting fact I just uncovered - although not gremaine to this discussion: evidently there were NO '89 model year AW11's imported to Canada with an automatic. Hmmm.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry about that...the last digit is a 9 not a 4....I pulled this off the title instead of the chicken scratch bill of sale...

Thanks!

Coty

JT2AW15C8K0155659

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
ITA-MR2 said:
If it's a bad VIN, it's in the 3 digits in the middle "C9J" - the rest of it is correct for a MkI.

Another interesting fact I just uncovered - although not gremaine to this discussion: evidently there were NO '89 model year AW11's imported to Canada with an automatic. Hmmm.

Nope.. none. And it is nearly impossible to find a 88 auto.

1988 -
27 - 5 Speed Manual Hardtop N/A
22 - 4 Speed Automatic Hardtop
85 - 5 Speed Manual N/A T-Bar
259 - 5 Speed Manual SC T-bar

1989 - (No hardtops sold in Canada in 1989)
106 - 5 Speed Manual T-Bar
304 - 5 Speed Manual SC T-Bar

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
polymorph, this is what my friend e-mailed me.

This car was salvaged on 5/13/04?nothing else at all comes up.

Peace-

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
kbox said:
Nope.. none. And it is nearly impossible to find a 88 auto.

1988 -
27 - 5 Speed Manual Hardtop N/A
22 - 4 Speed Automatic Hardtop
85 - 5 Speed Manual N/A T-Bar
259 - 5 Speed Manual SC T-bar

1989 - (No hardtops sold in Canada in 1989)
106 - 5 Speed Manual T-Bar
304 - 5 Speed Manual SC T-Bar
Want a really rare car for Canada?? I'll make you a deal on an '88 SC automatic! ;) Doesn't look like any of those were imported either.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
mister2driver said:
polymorph, this is what my friend e-mailed me.

This car was salvaged on 5/13/04?nothing else at all comes up.
Now what would this mean. I bought the car in June of 2003, but decided to begin restoration on it so I haven't yet switched the ownership to my name. (I'm a little lazy when it comes to that) The car will be ready for the road and I intended to switch it then.

Could this mean that the PO took their name off the title on the 5/13/04? Because it was in a body shop on that date.

F

·
0 Posts
JT2AW15C3H0097047 how bout this? i found this somehwere..

thanks. (not the car on thursday)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not that I mind everyone else piling in on this thread <grin>....

Did your friend have any luck on my revised VIN?

Thanks a bunch!

Coty

1 - 20 of 23 Posts