MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 86 seems that if i get to about 65-70 MPH it feels practicly like the front tires are off the road, the front end feels like its wandering horribly, just about 30 minutes ago it wandered nearly 2 feet or so to the left.. i cant think of anything that would bring this on all of a sudden because up to now i've been cruiseing at 80 or so at night like this and this has never happend.. is there any upgrades, mods, or possable problems i could check into to fix this or at least make it better?

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Tire pressure, dragging caliper. You might want to get a wheel alignment also.

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Steering rack bushings or suspension bushings? Or something loose? Rear suspension knocked out of alignment?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im a semi newbie with lots of do it your self expeirence, lol, how would i check out the bearing's, or would i really need a shop to? i dont think the alignment is off at all, although the tire pressure could be.. and i would notice a dragging caliper im pretty sure, but i'll check that as well.. also, after a while of driveing my brake fluid resivoir goes down quite a way's, but i never loose any brake pressure or anything like that.. anything i could check for that as well?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Just got my 88SC with 106,000 miles an alignment. Made a world of difference. Was all over the road at 70-80mph. Flies straight as an arrow now, feels great.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Check for worn suspension components. I pulled at the bottom of my front tire while it was off the ground and found it moved about half an inch on the vertical axis....bad ball joint. Pushed and pulled on the horizontal axis and had movement there too...bad inner tie rod ends. Gonna replace inner, outer tie rod ends and ball joints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts