MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone.

well since it is such a nice day here (It's about 55 degrees and sunny :D ) I decided to take my 2 out of hibernation for a little cruise. So about forty minutes into the ride (yes i let it warm up and checked all the fluids before i left) coasting in nuetral with my foot off the clutch it just stalled. It didn't buck or sputter it just shut off and all the warning lights came on. Then about 20 minutes later it did the same thing only this time i was shifting between 2nd and 3rd. I wasn't hammering it or anything just driving normally to get everything moving again. Now whats weird is it starts up right away after wards and runs fine. Has this happened to anyone before and if so how can i fix it? I just want to get it back into perfect working order again.

thanks
~bob~

oh yeah and if this helps at all, none of the warning lights were on while i was driving.

*edit* before anyone asks I'll add this. I have an 87 NA w/ about 114k on it

·
I hurt myself daily
3,371 Posts
just a guess

Fuel problems usually stutter. Straight cutoffs are usually electrical. Time to check ignition connections and work your way back. Intermittant electrical problems stink to diagnose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts