MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving in the snow (rainned before it snowed) for like 15 minutes so my car was warmed up. I went to boost and held back at a point and seemed to almost stall. I let off and it drove fine for about 100 yards and then it stalled and I had to roll it into a parking lot. I left it there that night, and came back then next morning to try to start it. It didn't start. Then I came back today and it wouldn't start. This originally happend friday night. My car will crank but the engine wont turn over! I can smell lots of fuel.

The same thing happend to me a couple weeks ago when it was raining. It stalled for no reason and I had to push it a quarter mile to a parking lot. That time it started the first try the next day.

Why sont it start? It ran fine untill I tried to boost and then it started messing up! Help please!!

jason

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Check for spark...

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going back to where I left it in a minute to see if I cant find the problem. I did some searches on this problem and tried to compile a list of things that could be the cause:

bad alternater
bad coil wires/wiring
bad 7.5 amp fuse in engine bay fuse box
bad ground (main ground?)
moisture in the dizzy

I am getting REAL tired of pushing my car around the parking lot to leave it in different spaces so it doesn't get towed!! any help would be great :thumbup

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh! I dont want to deal with that. I want my car to start when I go up there in a minute so I dont have to explain anything to anybody!! DAMN THIS SUCKS! I have been reading alot of stuff found via search's and there are ALOT of little things that can cause the car to not work. This sucks because its not in a spot I can work on it or even get to it with out a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks very much billwot. I appreciate it.

I got my car to start. I think it was water in the dizzy or somewhere because I had to let the car sit and run for 15 minutes before I could rev up past 2000 rpm's without it trying to stall. So it works now. THanks for all the help guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts