MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! I recently picked up this 93 Brilliant Yellow (567) Mr2. I joined the forum so I could make a build journal & find some inspiration from other two’s. I used to own an 91 JDM MR2, and out of all the car’s I’ve owned (STI, 240sx, Miata, Z31, Z3, Altezza) it was my favourite. I noticed prices were going up over the past year, so I bought this 93 on a whim, and glad I did so!

Build Journal

·
Super Moderator
Driving MR2s since '89
4,191 Posts
Looks great. I notice it has the gold side molding. I've seen black and gold moldings on 93 turbos. Don't know why that is. Is your car a Canadian market car?
Not a fan of white wheels on a yellow car, but if you like them that's what matters.

Also, the 91-93 yellow (code 567) is called "Signal Yellow", at least in the states.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Nice. Though I have never been a fan of yellow cars. I'd still totally own a MR2 in yellow. IDK how accurate the info is but I do recall hearing that Yellow is one of the lowest production colors. I think I saw this for sale recently on Kijiji?? The only other MR2 I've seen anywhere near me was a yellow one I spotted last June but I have not seen it since.
It looks like its been kept well. Good purchase. =D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great. I notice it has the gold side molding. I've seen black and gold moldings on 93 turbos. Don't know why that is. Is your car a Canadian market car?
Not a fan of white wheels on a yellow car, but if you like them that's what matters.

Also, the 91-93 yellow (code 567) is called "Signal Yellow", at least in the states.
I haven’t seen the gold trim a lot either, wonder if it’s a 93 only thing. It is a Canadian market car! They called the colour brilliant yellow here, looks the same as signal yellow.

I usually like white on yellow, but find it looks a little weird on my car. I think it’s the shade of yellow Toyota used, it’s really light. Im thinking of going with either silver, black or bronze in the future.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. Though I have never been a fan of yellow cars. I'd still totally own a MR2 in yellow. IDK how accurate the info is but I do recall hearing that Yellow is one of the lowest production colors. I think I saw this for sale recently on Kijiji?? The only other MR2 I've seen anywhere near me was a yellow one I spotted last June but I have not seen it since.
It looks like its been kept well. Good purchase. =D
Thank You! I have a photo of the kijiji ad in the build journal I started, you should be able to tell of it’s the same one! I just posted the link above!

·
Super Moderator
Driving MR2s since '89
4,191 Posts
I liked the look of the gun metal gray Wedssport rims I had on my yellow 91. Those are 16" / 17" double staggered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts