MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i dont really wanna go and buy new subs since i got my 2 12 inch phoenix gold rd12's like 4 months ago

and im pretty sure i can fit a box thats big enough for em without losing any sliding space (reclining space ill lose but o well)

but ya, i kinda wanna buy new subs in a way, so can you guys please post videos of your sound systems (8 inch subs and 10 inch subs) so i can see what it sounds like with em

thanks

·
Premium Member
13,212 Posts
I doubt any video is going to give you ANY idea what a speaker system sounds like in real life. Unless you have some seriously high quality recording equipment (like thousands of dollars worth) the sound quality wont be as good as even the OEM speakers, especially in the bass department.

This is the kind of thing that you either have to find someone who has what you are looking at and listen for yourself, or take someones word for it, or just buy it, install it, and try it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well still, i still wanna see what it looks like

and u can still compare how the bass sounds compared to the speakers and stuff in a way

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
mk1 shots or mk2 shots?

if u want to spend the time.... cough cough, you can use the search and check out pics of members mr2's on this forum...

use words like "sub pictures" "sub install" "sub" "subwoofer" etc...

or check out www.cardomain.com

a lot of the mk1's, mk2's and mk3's have subs there...

the by far most common is a 6 1/2 inch or 8 inch tube behind mk1 seats... (if u have an mk1) my car is all covered up or i'd show you...

i mounted an amp underneath the drivers seat and a 6 1/2 inch tube with an 8 inch sub mounted on the end behind the passengers

~mikeym

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have searched and ive been through countless pages of cardomain, and ya those are all pics man, i want mr2 videos

i have an mk2 btw

·
Rocket Scientist
1,698 Posts
Could you clarify what piece of information you're looking to get from a video that you WON'T get from a still picture? The sub is just going to be sitting there, info on fit and looks and such can be had from a photo. It'd be a lot of extra bandwidth for less information, since the image size would be smaller.

If you want to hear the audio, then you have the problems that WyrmMaster mentioned. The video camera is most likely going to have a low-quality microphone. Then the video/audio will be compressed to be put up on the web. Then you'll play it with your own computer speakers...in short, there's a few dozen variables and limitations in this approach that prevent it from being useful for comparison purposes.

Just to be clear, if I knew of any such video I'd happily send you the link. I'm just trying to explain why, to the best of my knowledge, mr2 subwoofer videos don't exist. I'm also trying to learn what specific bit of info you're looking to get from a video, so that we might be able to get you that info through other means.

All that having been said, I have a digicam with a mic that can take video. In my MKII I have a single 10" sub in a sealed enclosure behind the passenger seat, driven off an aftermarket amp. If you can give me an idea of what exactly you're looking for, I can try to get a video up sometime later this week.

-Stephen M

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have a video of me driving like an idiot in snow with my new snow tires, with some shots of my speakers at the end. I'll send it to you after 4:30 pm today if you want, but it'll have to be through AIM.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sure, my aim is breakerdawgbob

well id like to see how ure sub hits, how hard it moves and stuff

whether it helps me or not, i still wanna see :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive been there and have watched a crap load, i want mr2 sub videos, i dunno why i just want mr2 sub videos

1 - 12 of 12 Posts