1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Head Gasket
Rings
L/W Flywheel

Can someone recommend where to buy and what brands? They are going on a 91T that I will be upgrading with a CT-27.

Thx.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Headgasket depends on what thickness you want. I beleive most MHG are made by the same manufacturer but sold by different companies in different thicknesses.

Is there are reason you are upgrading the block? There really isn't a need to with just a CT27.

Most people use Fidanza lightweight flywheel and Spec Stage 3 clutch.

-Scott

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sab0276 said:
Headgasket depends on what thickness you want. I beleive most MHG are made by the same manufacturer but sold by different companies in different thicknesses.

Is there are reason you are upgrading the block? There really isn't a need to with just a CT27.

Most people use Fidanza lightweight flywheel and Spec Stage 3 clutch.

-Scott
My friend that I bought the 2 from thinks the stock HG is shot, were going to take it apart anyways so I figure if you have it open you might as well upgrade to a MHG. I think I'll probably get the TRD one. . .

Oh, one other thing Scott, I've read a bunch of posts on here that a lot of road racing guys stick with the stock clutch and just do the flywheel, any input on that? It makes sense mainly that you really don't shift much on the track. . . I might just get a new stock clutch (much cheaper too!) and get the l/w flywheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts