MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,390 Posts
There were 4 G-ltd models available in Japan ranging from 1180kgs to 1240 kgs. There were 2 models GT (one with t-bar)
The GT has the 3s-gte engine where the LTF has the 3s-GE

There's an awesome book (probably mentioned somewhere in this site) by Brian Long on the mr2 that has all the info regarding the complete changes between 1st gen and 2nd gen.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Depends on your taste. If you like high compression, high revs, the G-Limited is a good pick. If you like turbos, the GT is a good pick. They're both great vehicles, it all depends on which flavor you like.

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,390 Posts
I would prefer the turbo, nothing beats the feeling but then I own one so maybe i'm a bit biased.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would love a turbo but the insurance is way too much...there is a GT non turbo and a G-limited model...which is the best out of these two? pros and cons?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why is it dum?? can someone plz just put me out of my missery...

im from the UK and ive seen loads of 2.0 GT non turbos advertised...and i have seen a few G-limiteds, is there no difference then!?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
the g-limited definitely has more horsepower than the GT non turbos, depending on the generation it could be as much as 55-60 hp difference. i think the g-limiteds were all 200 hp while the 2.0 non turbos were from ~140-180 (the hp went up the longer they were produced)

·
Registered
576 Posts
OK, I think the UK spec GT non-turbo was the 3S-GE, 156 or 175 hp depending on year, while the G-Limiteds you're seeing will be private imports, and are the exact same thing. What you'll need to watch for is the 3S-FE powered cars, which are very slow. You should probably be asking on http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ though as they would know the specs for your market better.

edit: here's the relevant page: http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=37

1 - 13 of 13 Posts