MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im a big fan of turbos... sc hits the limit way to quick if i understand correctly...

so my Q is can i get the sc motor for mk1 (4a gze ithinK) and take out the sc and drop like a ct26 turbo???

how much boost can it handle???

·
Registered
382 Posts
the ct26 u will be good to make some serious boost, the 4agze is a very strong engine and you will be good till about 22 psi for internals, seeing how everything is forged. If your going to do this i would recommand getting the trd head gasket or a different one that can handle more boost. The head gasket is probbaly the first thing to blow.

You will probably have to get a standalone too, alot of people are using the megasquirt.

i hope this helped a little.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Ok, the CT26 is quite a large turbo for the 4AG. It will be hard to fit physically, and wont spool very well.. Most people are using T25's from DSM's with great results. They spool almost instantly when tuned properly and pull hard to redline if tuned properly.. They arent as good as say a GT28RS 'Disco Potato' but those are quite a bit more expensive :p As far as the headgasket goes, the OEM head gasket is plenty strong as long as you have a set of ARP head studs.. Deffinatly get ARP head studs, and remember tuning is the MOST IMPORTANT PART! If you're planning to just use the stock 4AGZE ECU, it'll be good to around 12psi.. but I would deffinatly recommend using MegaSquirt as it can be used as a standalone to tune it properly..

Use the search function.. and 4AGTE is what people call it when they put a turbo on their 4AGE/4AGZE..

Brando

1 - 5 of 5 Posts