MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting way too early front lockup on my non-ABS 93 NA with 93 Turbo brakes. I'd rather be able to manually set the proportion myself - does anyone know of a good proportioning valve setup to run and also how much work it would be to modify any of the lines for it?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
PhantomZX said:
I'm getting way too early front lockup on my non-ABS 93 NA with 93 Turbo brakes. I'd rather be able to manually set the proportion myself - does anyone know of a good proportioning valve setup to run and also how much work it would be to modify any of the lines for it?

Did you reuse the the N/A prop valve or change to the turbo valve (there is a substantial difference between the two).

If you didn't, get a turbo prop valve and you might need to upgrade the front pads a bit more or downgrade the rears cause the turbo valve is going to cause a lot more rear brakes due to the extra rear weight that the turbo chassis has from all the turbo components. Being on a N/A (unless you've done a turbo swap), it "might" (several other factors applay) cause a bit too much rear brakes.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I am 3SGTE swapped.

Do you happen to know what the prop valve should look like on the inside? I was provided with what I believe was the 93 turbo prop valve, but when I did the full swap, no fluid was able to pass through it at all. I sprayed compressed air through the inlets and absolutely nothing came through the outlets. I then took it apart, found a piece inside with a spring and and flipped the whole assembly upside down and was able to blow compressed air through but never reinstalled it on my car. The funny thing is that the brakes were working fine on the car I took the prop valve out of.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I also have 93+ brakes, with a 3sgte. prop valve setting is highly dependent on pad coeff friction. think about it. higher coeff fr pad means less line pressure needed to get to lock up. so the prop valve works less. So I removed the prop valve all together. my fronts still lock up first. I'm on XP8's. I might need XP10 F / XP8 R for example.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts