MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need one bad. Help me out people, Im almost 17. Have losts of expereince. About a year. ANYWHERE!!

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no dude im serious!!!! i dont need any stupid posts in here......

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
i do, but in irvine...sorry deshi

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
john just walk up to fast food places they are always hiring

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
People, don't help this boy, he doesn't listen to advise, he's picky about certain kind of jobs out there. He thinks he too "mature" for his age too. A job is a job not a career. Just get something so you can contribute to society.

Peace-

·
Registered
408 Posts
Deshi said:
I really need one bad. Help me out people, Im almost 17. Have losts of expereince. About a year. ANYWHERE!!
"lots of experience at 17"? what kinda experience deshi? at 17 youre pretty limited but try and submit tons of applications. have all your personal info on hand and fill tehm out right then and there. i would suggest:

grocery stores (bagger/courtesy clerk)
all restaurants (hosting or busser)
bank teller ($10 to start @ most banks)
hotels (valet parking/bell boy)
walmart or target (theyre always hiring young people)
etc etc etc...

"hookups" are ok but youre gonna get more satisfaction from going out there in the "real world" and trying to get a job on your own. at least you have a car and thats half the battle. try it, you ll be happy when you put in the extra effort. let me know if you need any more suggestions Deshi.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
i would try the mall.. i recommended sears last time. just get what u can get now.. if u get a job that you kind of dont want.. be happy that you have one and while your working look around for another job man

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Sears is a good start. You can be an installation tech. You can put in car batteries. My friend back in the day used to do that.

Peace-

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
hey deshi remember something. YOU ARE ONLY 16. You can not expect a high quality job that young with you still going to school. Your best bet is what Mike (allenboy) said. Go apply at McDonalds. I guarantee you will get a job there. And they work great around school. Plus even though it is McDonalds it still gives you a nice leg to stand on when applying at other places. You do not have to work there for a LONG time. I worked at McDonalds for 2 months before I got a job at Burlington Coat Factory. From there I went to where I am now. Plus it will be a nice 200 dollars in your pocket every 2 weeks. Now if you do not take mine or anyone elses advice I do not want to hear you bitching about not having a job again.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Really, try the temp agency. There will be one by your house somewhere. I got my first job through there and it paid $4 more than minimum. It's free and only takes an hour to process your paperwork.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dubk said:
Really, try the temp agency. There will be one by your house somewhere. I got my first job through there and it paid $4 more than minimum. It's free and only takes an hour to process your paperwork.
aight man, Ill look into that. Thanks man.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Deshi... everyone here has some really good advice for you. i had a job at Chili's for almost 5 years and it put me through college. you can start off by hosting and work your way up to be a waiter. everyone makes minimum but when you start serving food you'll make tons of tips and we average about $15 an hour. i loved being a waiter because i always had CASH in my pocket. i would always make $150+ on a Fri & Sat night. the positive things are:

very flexible with school schedule
HOT GIRLS
you'll make tons of new friends your age and everyone is in college
very good managers
HOT GIRLS
great atmosphere and 50% off food for yourself and one guest
TIP$, TIP$ and more TIP$
HOT GIRLS and more HOT WAITRESS'S!!!

-PEACE-

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I got set up at Verizon when they were still AirTouch Cellular. I ended up at $13/hr before I left. Before that I did some stuff for Signa Health Care (administrative). But last I checked, they were setting people up at places like UPS, and a whole bunch of warehouse jobs. They've got all kinds of places. This girl I know down at UCSD went through a temp agency and got hooked up at some pharmaceutical job paying $20/hr. Best case scenario but not bad for a temp. Just don't get your hopes too high because employers still want a little experience.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
There's no getting over the fact that employers still see you as a 16 year old kid, so like everyone has said don't stick your nose up at any job.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts