MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
No, those are stock seats in the SW20 (Mark 2). If you're in the US you can get new leather or Alcantera (or combo of both) at Leatherseats.com. There have been group buys from time to time but it's been many years since there's been one.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Maybe I'm reading too deep or misunderstanding the question? These are stock Mark II seats. Leatherseats.com and katzkin.com offer color matched tailor made covers for these seats to return them to better than new condition.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guys, I didn't realize they were simply recovered stock seats, that's great news as my stock seats really just need recovered and some new foam added.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Were there two styles of factory leather? I've seen the perforated seats with large center panels and these with the multiple narrow panels.

Sent from my LG-H443 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
There were several styles of factory seats for different markets. I believe most factory US leather had perforated and the JDM market got a "suede" (Ultrasuede/Alcantara) option (US may have gotten it as well but I can't remember). I've even seen some factory leather seats with red double stitching come through RPM Garage.

·
Registered
362 Posts
There were several styles of factory seats for different markets. I believe most factory US leather had perforated and the JDM market got a "suede" (Ultrasuede/Alcantara) option (US may have gotten it as well but I can't remember). I've even seen some factory leather seats with red double stitching come through RPM Garage.
Sorry, I meant here in the U.S. I've seen the perforated and non-perforated like pictured above here. I remember someone's thread where his grandparents got his seats reupholstered at Toyota and they were the non-perforated covers.

Sent from my LG-H443 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
OP: Those seat covers in the picture are from Leatherseats.com (Cream color based on the sample I've recieved from leatherseats.com) - As confirmed by the owner of the car. The owner also had redline's center console installed so they used his photo on their website

1 - 10 of 10 Posts