MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
for both or just one? I think you can get away with both of them being that size, I wouldn't have just one tire that big

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That big a size difference is not good for the differential, if it's LSD then no way it will be acceptable.
I'd really try to find something closer in overall diameter. The bearings/etc in the differentials are designed to turn, but not constantly.

Hell, on Subarus all tires have to be within 1/4 of an inch in circumfrance or you run the risk of killing the drivetrain.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the rims would definitely fit, but the lug nuts didnt want to work with those FC wheels

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
from the sticky:
EL PAALO said:
Lugnuts
Do not use aftermarket (or other maker?s OEM) lugnuts on factory Toyota wheels. Do not use factory Toyota lugnuts on aftermarket wheels. There are some exceptions, but not many. They have different seat types. It is not safe. Conical seat lugnuts are the most common for aftermarket wheels. 12x1.5 is the size lugnut needed for the MR2.
Lugnut seat types from tirerack.com:
oem toyota are shank style which aren't even pictured because they're so uncommon now.

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
he was asking about the lugnuts only from what I could tell. obviously the wheels are diff designs and diameters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts