MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
@Gouky you have outdone yourself this time! That is fabulous work sir! Might need a vin from a Sienna sold in California but that is peanuts to an elephant. How do I sign up for one of these?

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Changing the VIN is easy, in fact if you want to find an engine from a sienna and give me the VIN on the tag i can get you an ECU with a matching VIN.

As for how to buy one, for now i will do it over a paypal transaction, I will sell it on the store after someone has actually made it pass.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Oh, i would also strongly suggest you put your fuel pressure regulator inside the fuel tank to reduce the number of connections you have to make on the outside of the tank and make your evap system easier to get to pass. i would also suggest you either use Earl's VaporGuard fuel line or hardline and nylon line where you need some flexibility. Getting the evap to pass will be the trickiest part of the swap but others have done it already.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Should be able to find it if someone previous pulled a carfax report for it. The issue is that these salvage yards don'g allow you to see the full VIN. I'm looking for one too! three lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Oh, I didn't see that. Good find. However, this sienna is a 2012. I've been searching on ebay and all 2012s have a different part number 89661-08220.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Oh, i just assumed since 2011 was the first year that maybe it lasted a few years. i guess we need a 2011, should not be that hard.

For what it's worth, the initial VIN i gave was from a 2011, did you check it to see where it started?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm currently combing through all of the ECUs for sale on ebay. The problem is that most sellers don't list the VIN.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Do you have a carfax account? i can pull the VINs from the 14 89661-08300 cores here if you can check them.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
@Gouky If all goes well I will be purchasing this ECU (waiting on offer to be accepted) and sending it your way when it arrives.
I really don't need to actually have that specific ECU to put that VIN on there, I can program the VIN to be whatever you want on any ECU. But if you want that specific one programmed I'm happy to do that for you also. I'd love to see a legitimately CARB legal 2gr-fe swap out there.

This one is weird. It was sold and titled in Indiana, then registered in California about 10 miles later.
If it was about 2000 miles later i could see someone buying it to move to CA then registering it but only 10 miles makes no sense to me.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts