MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttonwillow on May 26th (Friday)

236 views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  slickgq2 
#1 ·
T.E.A.M. Racing brings to you its first event of 2006 -- a fun-packed track day at Buttonwillow Raceway on May 26th. Cost is only $210 per driver (sorry folks, the track prices went up everywhere this year). As always, our events will include morning coffee service, a supply of water and Gatorade, snacks, catered lunches, and at least two hours of track time! Also, new for this year, we have a dedicated team of instructors to help out not only the novice drivers, but folks at the intermediate and advanced levels, as well! Our instructors will be going through training in March, to make sure we are all onboard with exactly what we must do to keep you safe and happy. For complete details, please visit us on the web at http://www.team-racing.org We hope you can join us!!! :D

Bonni Weatherwax ~ http://www.team-racing.org
"It's not how fast you go, but how big your grin is!"

#3 ·
I'd be your 'sis', actually . . . lol . . . but I often get treated like 'one of the guys' anyway, so no worries. Well, most of the time I do. ;)

I am also from Central Cali originally -- spent about 12 years in Modesto, then we moved to Oakdale where I lived until I was 18. I do notice that there aren't a lot of folks checking on the CenCal threads, which is why I post on NorCal and SoCal as well. It's always hard to predict which area you should post this stuff on. :)

BW

#5 ·
slickgq2 said:
where is it located though.. maybe i can come just to check out things...
***Actually, I was giving myself too much credit. I just turned 36 -- so you could almost call me 'mom' -- but I highly recommend that you don't. Lol.

Buttonwillow is just south of Bakersfield, about an hour north of Rosamond (Willow Springs track). Go to www.buttonwillowraceway.com for details.

BW

#6 ·
Bonster said:
***Actually, I was giving myself too much credit. I just turned 36 -- so you could almost call me 'mom' -- but I highly recommend that you don't. Lol.
hhhahahah ok "mom" :p hahahah jk yeah sounds fun... maybe ill gather up a few other 2s.... and come.. but now if we come will we have to track?? or can we just come and hang out and like watch??? cause if so ill think about it...cause my 2 just recently pasted away...but yeah if thats an option ill think about it... :thumbup

#7 ·
Yes, visitors are always welcome at our events. I think Buttonwillow charges a ten dollar gate fee, though. I will try to talk them out of that, as I don't see the purpose. Also, if you want lunch, we charge ten bucks a head to cover that and beverages, etc.. We don't want you to starve or dehydrate, and ten bucks is actually a steal. :) So max would be twenty bucks if you wanna just hang out. If you want to ride along with anyone, you will either have to bring a helmet or rent one from the track. Also, you'll have to sign the track waiver and get an id bracelet (plastic-type, one-time use thingee).

BW

#8 ·
^^ ok ill talk to a few guys down here and ill see what we can do on that day... hopefully i can get a few guys to come... hahahah and hey "mom" btw ive just finished raiding all your threads of this event... hahahahah so then yeah talk to the guys that you meantioned and let me know... thanks again..

slick

btw i wonder how long till someone else comes in and join the party... hahahah :p

#9 ·
slickgq2 said:
^^ ok ill talk to a few guys down here and ill see what we can do on that day... hopefully i can get a few guys to come... hahahah and hey "mom" btw ive just finished raiding all your threads of this event... hahahahah so then yeah talk to the guys that you meantioned and let me know... thanks again..

slick

btw i wonder how long till someone else comes in and join the party... hahahah :p

I was a bit suprised when i saw a new post in here. lol yeah ur right its always dead here!

#13 ·
Hey Pocket . . . I'm from Modesto . . . well, we lived on the east side . . . near Downey High School, off of Rose Avenue. That was YEARS ago, though . . . we (when I was a kid, obviously living with my folks) moved from there to Oakdale (try not to laugh) back in 1984 or so. I left in 1989. Modesto sure has changed . . . I remember when Vintage Fair Mall wasn't even built yet. The field that used to be there was where all the kids went to ride the bicycles in the dirt. Ah, the good ol' days. Oh -- I remember cruise nights (on McHenry Ave), too! HA!

BW

#14 ·
#15 ·
cool!!! nice ride... i would show mine but mine is dead.... hahahah you can find it in socal for sell items... just look it up under my name... but yeah bro thats a sweet ride... maybe someday when i decide to get another 2 ill post pics... but till then.... my mr2 is dead...

#16 ·
Yeah, Pocket . . . I guess I am old relatively speaking (36), lol. I now live in Sacramento, near Arco Arena, where the Kings play b'ball. Slick calls me 'mom' as a joke -- he's young enough to be my own. If he were, however, poor guy -- he'd be wrenchin' on the racecar from a very young age. LOL!

BW

#18 ·
slickgq2 said:
^^^^ thats my mom!! :thumbup
lol

sorry to hear that slick. i don't think i could ever live without my baby by my side. lol well i hope u find something good man, so i can see some pics. lol

Nah 36 isn't that old Bonster. but yeah sacramento is cool, i think i might want to live there one of these days. thats cool that u live near arco, I luv the sactown KINGS! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.