MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they have those for mr2s? the little multi. opening little intakes that connect by the fuel rail. would the increse power? i 've only seen them on ae86 4age.

·
Registered
74 Posts
robie said:
do they have those for mr2s? the little multi. opening little intakes that connect by the fuel rail. would the increse power? i 've only seen them on ae86 4age.
Do you mean the TVIS butterflies? If so, then at least the early ones had them. IIRC they disappear on the 4AGE at some point, and I don't know if that applies to AW11s.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
All N/A AW11's had TVIS, except for the 84 with the carb'd engine. Cant remember what engine it was, I am thinking the 4AC maybe. AW11 4AGZE's have the largeports, but no Tvis

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
american_zero said:
All N/A AW11's had TVIS, except for the 84 with the carb'd engine. Cant remember what engine it was, I am thinking the 4AC maybe. AW11 4AGZE's have the largeports, but no Tvis
wasn't it called the 3AC engine? I could be wrong...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've seen them mostly in on ae86 and on hondas. they say the help add more power to n/a engines.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
You're asking about ITBs (Individual Throttle Bodies) such as this

The 20v comes with them stock, or you could use an adaptor to put the 20v ITBs on a 16v, or use custom ITBs or make your own even.. not many people on here use ITBs that I know of other than the 20v guys.. From what I understand, ITBs on a 16v doesnt give you all that much of a gain, if anything just better throttle responce and a little more top end at loss of some torque..

You'll find that on here most people opt for swaps or turbo setups when they want more power.. 20v, 4AGZE, 4AGTE, or 3SGTE are the main swaps I see on here.. not many people build NA engines on here, as it takes alot of money to get enough power out of an NA rather than just swapping in a GZE, 20v, or turbo setup..

Brando

1 - 13 of 13 Posts