MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a decent deal for the buddy clubs 1200 out the door new... But I'm finding very little to no feedback for these coil overs on the mr2. If anyone has any experience at all whether u owned them or rode in a car with them pls chime in. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Maybe try the regular suspension section in the MKII area? No one comes here lol!

Only member I know with BC coilovers are -Totenkopf-, but he barely posts. I tried to get his opinion too cause I have some sitting in my closest the last 5 years ahah.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Variance said:
Maybe try the regular suspension section in the MKII area? No one comes here lol!

Only member I know with BC coilovers are -Totenkopf-, but he barely posts. I tried to get his opinion too cause I have some sitting in my closest the last 5 years ahah.
Haha good call.. I was wondering why this thread only had like 15 views in a whole feakin week! Lol...my search continues...I'll try postIng another section.!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I would ask the vendor DB8. i believe i have seen him sell a couple of buddy club coilovers on here so maybe he can help you out. i almost bought a set but went ahead and got apexi instead.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sw20 Mr 2 said:
I would ask the vendor DB8. i believe i have seen him sell a couple of buddy club coilovers on here so maybe he can help you out. i almost bought a set but went ahead and got apexi instead.
Cool man thanks! That's a start :thumbup

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robbie_B said:
They look like typical, cheap Japanese coilovers. Nothing special.
I don't care what they look like....buddy. I just wanna know how they perform so help me out ...what do u recommend from ur experience?. :excited

·
Registered
248 Posts
R32619 said:
I don't care what they look like....buddy. I just wanna know how they perform so help me out ...what do u recommend from ur experience?. :excited
KW's my personal preference. Or building my own Koni coilovers.

·
Registered
645 Posts
just talked to buddy club they did make the racing spec. only had 5 set came over but they left right away. sorry about the previous post. I thought they never brought the coilover over from japan, because I remember talking to them they said discontinued. (but again I was out of the MR2 market for 2 years) but let me know if any one interested in the Buddy club coilover. I have great discounts. I can do way better discount than the website above.

they're decent brand for ppl that wanted better quality than Tein (except Mono flex is made in japan) and Megan / BC Coilover. buddy club is another great option that's made in japan. but I personally Like KW as well

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i have some racing spec coils, they work ok but i bought them used and the l/f front gland nut for the strut mount kept loosening up. one day i tightened it a lot, and later that day the shaft for the coil just snapped turning the wheels while parked. i dont think it would be worth a rebuild since they are so far away.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Robbie_B said:
KW's my personal preference. Or building my own Koni coilovers.
I've heard good things about KW but it didn't fit my budget. Maybe I should have waited n saved a bit longer for them but I needed a set now n I got the buddy clubs for a steal of a price out the door so that really persuaded me...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dvom said:
i have some racing spec coils, they work ok but i bought them used and the l/f front gland nut for the strut mount kept loosening up. one day i tightened it a lot, and later that day the shaft for the coil just snapped turning the wheels while parked. i dont think it would be worth a rebuild since they are so far away.
I've heard nothing but positive wen I ask the Honda heads about buddy club but there's gotta be a reason y barely any mr2 peeps r using them...

How was the ride wen set on full soft? Bearable?

Snapped? UnfortunateLy I have payed in full n if I want a refund they will take a restocking fee since they special ordered for me...

Thanks guys

·
Registered
645 Posts
R32619 said:
I've heard nothing but positive wen I ask the Honda heads about buddy club but there's gotta be a reason y barely any mr2 peeps r using them...

How was the ride wen set on full soft? Bearable?

Snapped? UnfortunateLy I have payed in full n if I want a refund they will take a restocking fee since they special ordered for me...

Thanks guys
yea buddy club has nothing coming for the MR2 for at least a month. if you guys want to do a group buy maybe 5 I can bring and price way down for you guys. (I'm their master distributor here in socal)

it's not because their coilover is bad, because the buddy club name is well known in the Honda scene, and no body is pushing the Buddy Club brand for the MR2 here. I personally really love their R&D team, just take their exhaust for example. their spec II exhaust make 3hp than the HKS sport and Hi power. my customer from Ireland bought a set because the HKS sport was rusting (HKS is not full stainless) just by swapping their exhaust he make 3HP to the wheel.

group buy proposal

if we have 5 ppl join here is the price I can do (listed $1959, our group buy price $1469)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not to thread jack, but what about doing koni inserts and coilover conversion of your struts?

I think I priced the total costs to around 1000$ USD if you do the work yourself. :)

If we did a group buy would it bring the price down lower?

·
Registered
612 Posts
R-Type said:
Not to thread jack, but what about doing koni inserts and coilover conversion of your struts?

I think I priced the total costs to around 1000$ USD if you do the work yourself. :)

If we did a group buy would it bring the price down lower?
Please explain more! I have Koni's with Eibach Pros and will love to go this route too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts