MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when i was rolling up the window i hear this crack inside the door. The window didn't want to go up at first then there was a sound like something snapped inside. The window will still go up and down but its lop-sided now when i try to roll it up or down. Has any one had this problem before and how hard will it be to try to fix it.
thanks.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Most likely need a new window regulator. The guides have worn out. Most glass shops charge $40/window to do it, plus parts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot but i found out the problem this after noon. It turns out i was missing a bolt. I have no clue how it could have happened and was not able to find the bolt. Ive come to realize i get a small problem every week and its bothering the crap out of me. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
555 Posts
when u say glass shop you mean an automotive glass shop?? ive never seen one around here

·
Registered
505 Posts
i had the same thing happen and it turns out that the window motor broke a mount and stripped the holding bolt out of the sheetmetal of the door. I had to do a bit of fab work to get the bolt to stay in place and i had to replace the power window motor. most aggravating job i've had in years..not the worst, though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts