MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed it and it works great! I initially installed it incorrectly - I had the brass bushing with the "L" stamped on it on the "upper" cable. I had a really hard time getting into first gear, but now the problems gone. I took my baby around the block and first gear is easy to get into. The 2nd gear grind has been lessened and the shifter feels more precise with less slop. Can't wait to put in new tranny fluid:)

Great product and very prompt support from Carl Crawford. Thanks Carl!

I give this product 3 thumbs up! :evillaugh

·
Registered
628 Posts
i installed a set on my car a while back..... the only downfall is that other ppl complain about tryin to get tranny into first gear. thats alright thou cause everyone loves the 2-3 shift.......... got a couple more thumbs up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine are great!.. I decided to go for them after my stock rubber bushing failed, and the shift cable slipped out of the rubber! Shifts are really smooth now, and acurate. I never had a problem with first gear. Very pleased with them.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have them as well and like it a lot better. Did you guys twist that metal cube that makes the side to side movement a lot less?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also got mine from Twosrus.com.

I didn't turn that metal cube. Feels great still...

·
Registered
677 Posts
$26 from Twos R Us
Only one drive so far, but I swear that reverse is easier to find now. My stock bushes were in great condition. I learned that prying at the edge of the OEM bushes is not the easy way to get them out. The easy way is to put the screwdriver right down the middle of the metal sleeve and pry from there. If you can hold the cable end still, the bushing will just pop out. I did mine from below, so I didn't turn the little block because I didn't remove the bellcrank.
I lubed the pin with Moly grease.
The circlip open end must face the cable to fit.
Great product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts