MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was some I was bidding on on E-bay. Obviously someone wanted it worse than I. When I found it the highest bid was $120. It went to $200 before I backed out. I think it sold for $205. I guess there are a lot of people out there that know these things are worth they're wieght in gold. :furious:

~C.C.~

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
He doesn't have the actual plastic - and the $20K+ for tooling kind'a drove that project out of existence, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually you can't buy these from the Dealership. There aren't anymore in back stock. Finds like this are extremely rare.

~C.C.~

·
Registered
761 Posts
GaToy said:
Actually you can't buy these from the Dealership. There aren't anymore in back stock. Finds like this are extremely rare.

~C.C.~
Thats may and maynot be true.
Toyota has 3 or 4 ditribution systems, maybe more?.
I do not work for toyota so i do not know the exact specifics.
Toyota north west (Wa, Or, and other states i dunno them) orders toyota parts out of Portland.
Toyota West orders parts out of Ontario california (LA suburb)
toyota south (or maybe just texas) orders from the peurto rico warehouse, PR is also a sourch for south america toyota, and they have access to most JDM parts BASTAGES!!!!
I am sure there is a toyota mid west, east , and north east as well but i have not dealt with them so i am not gonna post about them.
I know i had a customer call me from Maryland looking for a interior trim part for his 85 corolla.
His local dealer told him it was discontinued, i had ordered the same part for my own car not a week before at my local toyota dealer here in the SF area.
So parts maybe available in other areas.
I would just say on a hunch that since CA cars last longer you might find the dealers out here can get more parts for older cars.

Max

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
GaToy said:

~C.C.~

The parts are still available. Sounds like the guy at your local dealership was too lazy to find the number in the main Toyota database.

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Those pieces on Ebay were not even new. They were "Like New". I would never pay that much money for "Like New" pieces. I would rather spend the extra and get brand new if I was to spend that much.

Todd
87sc
www.cardomain.com/id/tksmr2

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Those parts are definately still available from Toyota, my local parts guy looked them up for me. But yeah, they're almost $200/piece list (3 pieces).

·
Registered
15 Posts
The parts are still available and some are ordered out the Houston Distribution Center. Alamo Toyota of San Antonio quoted prices of $187.59 each for the two outside pieces and $155.45 for the top center part. This does not include tax. In addition the screws and holders are still in stock and readily available. Yes, you have to be persistant when requesting these from the dealership due to the part numbers. Good luck1

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
kbox said:
Go ahead and beat my max. bid, I won't mind. :)

Sorry, forgot to insert <sarcasm> in my last post. I don't need them but I wouldnt' mind having a new set.

Todd
87sc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts