MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brakeplus or Lifetimebrake or something like that is offering Changing brake pads + resurfacing rotors (if needed) etc for 4 wheels for $100.

Any one has dome is cheap $100 stuff before. Obviously, they must be using some cheap brake pads which is Ok for my 89 MR2 which I am not taking to the track or daily driven.
I hope its going to stop when I need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other option is to get the brake pads + rotors etc and installing it
Some one is selling the decent rotors - Brady rotors made by Brembos and good pads fop all 4 wheels for $190 shipped)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Please do not patronize the lifetime brake places. They use crappy crappy pads, but they don't make money on the initial sale.

Their pads will make noise from day one, and you will get used to it and learn to ignore it, and you won't notice when they're worn down and eating your rotors... that's how they make money.

Also, as a mechanic for a decent shop I have a somewhat slanted outlook on the "discount" places, be they Wal-Mart, Brakes Plus, Costco... and I've had to work with lube guys from Wal-Mart, and tire guys from there and Costco. I can tell you that I've been less than pleased with the training they received.

I know $100 is $100, but when you can replace rotors *and* pads with quality parts(i.e. ceramic pads) for a little more than that and have it done right, it just doesn't seem worth the drop in quality for the lower cost.

If you're in the East Valley, PM me and I will be happy to get you prices on parts at wholesale rates(as I said, I work at a shop so I pay less than the average customer would).

- Ben

Edit btw, I have an '86 and had to replace all four rotors and pads to get rid of vibration a while back... cost me *well* under $200(just shooting high because I don't remember the actual cost) including freight for good NAPA rotors and Axxis pads.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
cool i might need that soon ... ill give you a call when im ready-david : )

·
Registered
658 Posts
No sweat, just give me 3-4 days' notice; last time I did brakes on the Mk1 I had to order the rotors - took a couple of days.

- Ben

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ben
Thank you so much!!!!! I will let you know within a weeks time. Let me arrane the funds....I am planning to go with the following
Front rotors - premium), Front pads, ceramic, Rear pads, ceramic

also, I might need a bottle of ATE siperblue brake fluid....

thanks again....btw your inbox for messages are full

1 - 7 of 7 Posts