MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently bought an 87' AW11 with some work needed to restore it, all is going pretty good, nothing too major that can't be fixed with a bit of bondo and such. I ran into an issue though, brake lights aren't working at all. The usual stuff was checked and we come to find out that for some reason the brake light switch connector from the wire harness is missing, we checked all connectors visible and not one was the switch connector. So, my question is, is it possible to swap out the brake switch with another switch and wire harness from some other Toyota? If possible, is it mainly just splicing it to the original harness and all good to go, or would I have to swap out something else also? Any advice or other repair suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,877 Posts
You would need to find the cut wires, and determine whether you have a working switch installed.

A common failure is that the pad that contacts the switch breaks off, and then the brake lights are on continuously. Maybe the PO just cut the wires instead of fixing the switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts