MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Ive been struggling with this damn rear brake piston for about 40 minutes. I need some help. On the passenger side rear brake the piston will not depress(move back) Im changing my brake pads and the drivers side piston depressed fine with the brake pad spreader, but the passenger side brake piston refuses to move. Please I need some help. I dont know how to get the [email protected] to move back so I can put the caliper back on. Thank you

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I think the caliper has been seized for a while, I forgot to mention that when I took my caliper off there was absolutely no brake pad left on the inner side. Is there anything I can do or do I have to buy a new caliper?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
theres a specail tool you need for it. i stripped out my compresser , went to autozone and the guy was telling me that some pistons need to be screwed inward instead of compressed. had to buy a special thing for it , cost like 9 bucks i think. should just look like a cube , with little prongs all over it , it hooks onto a rachet and you just tighten down the piston.

·
Registered
758 Posts
did you try bleeding the line some? I had to do that in the front. Just make sure your lines don't get any air in there and that your brake resevoir is full afterwards.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SinCityMR2 said:
He got one caliper screwed in. That means the passenger side is seized. It needs to be replaced.

Yea, sorry, I know the rears screw in. I think the passengers is just seized but I will try again tomorrow before I buy new ones. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts