MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone can show me the steps of changing front and rear brakes for a 91 Turbo Duece. It will be my first time. Also what kind of pads should i go with? OEM TOYOTA or ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
OEM pads are good, they don't squeek or anything. If you have the money maybe you'd want to look into porterifelds or hawk i think those were it, they're really good pads, maybe even too much for daily driving. I have some ports on my NA brakes, and they're really good, enough stop for me, most of the time. Changing the brakes, I'm not too sure of, but a search could probally get you the answers. I also believe there are two special brake tools you'll need to change the brakes for the mr2.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Gocasen said:
That cube thing you are supossed to use to twist in the rear brakes never works. Don't waste the 10 dollars on it.
:dontknow: The brake cube works perfectly fine on my MR2 rear brakes.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Gocasen said:
When i did the brakes the cube just kept slipping. Eventually i got a simple old school hooked wrench and it worked better. Now i use the wrench for all twisted rear brakes. Faster and better grip in my mind. (Maybe you have better brakes too)
Nope, just better coordination. ;) :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts