MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how long the brake line ares for the mk1? I know someone who can make me up some braided brake lines but I need the lengths of them...since I can't really pull them off and measure them. if you can help please do :D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll check he didn't have much. they were left overs from new lines on a engine test stand, used for oil lines on an aircraft engine.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, thanks :D anyway you could get some pics of the fittings or just tell me which ones are in the set?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Has anyone tried Earls lines? Are they a direct fit? I recall one of the brands required some modding to get them to fit correctly.

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
I have the Russell SS lines on my 86. The lengths were the same as stock lines. I did have to cut the front tab and bent it to get the retainer part of the lines to fit thru.

C

·
0 Posts
i`ve fitted the goodrich ss line and they are excellent quality.just one thing though i had to put extra clips in the centre bracket.anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
414 Posts
with the goodridge lines i'm finding that I have to put the C-clip on the lower part of the center bracket and the other metal spacer on top. -- but no overall spacing issues, just swapping those 2 pieces.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Earls's lines are hard to get. I ordered a set but the manufactuer has them on backorder with an unknown production date. I'm sure that it is that they are not going to make just one set for me. So I have canceled the order and am going to go with the Russell lines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts