MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was detailing my engine today and came across this (the picture). A plastice connector broke off into the hose. I'm not sure I did it during the detail or its been like that since i got it, 3 months. Do I need to worry about this? Is there a quickfix method? Will I have to get a whole new peice?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
you need that in order for the BPV to function properly. its $30 new from toyota.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats it called? Where do i get it? And will I lose power from it? Sould I still drive while its being shipped?

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
"Do I need to worry about this?"

Yup!

" Is there a quickfix method?"

Nope!

"Will I have to get a whole new peice? "

Its called a Vacuum Transfer Valve (VTV). Yes, you'll have to get the "whole new piece".

bill

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
B3A5T said:
Whats it called? Where do i get it? And will I lose power from it? Sould I still drive while its being shipped?
VTV

Toyota Parts Department

Your BOV will be slow to open, causing boost spikes and surge.

Very carefully

bill

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it turns out that that peice alon is 56 bucks at toyota. Is there any online sources on which I can buy this part?

·
Registered
6,256 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Mine broke like that and I epoxied it back together and it works like a champ...I'd give that a go before spending $30.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spending 30 is no biggie. Just trying to find the damn part on partznet is the problem. I searched VTV and Vacuum Transfer Valve and also searched in catagorey for 15 min. Does anyone have the link?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts