MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my whole life I have never owned a brand new car untill today. Put 10k Down on a 06 Blizzard White 2 wheel drive SE. Its big. Got a good rate on it too with all the warantees. Your two cents on the thing and I will post pics later.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Drove a bunch of those when I worked at Nissan... Decent like most of the new Nissans. Nice to drive but I can never imagine why anyone would ever need or use one...

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
i work on QX56's alot.. actually everyone in the damn shop works on QX56's alot, because they're breaking constantly.. every damn thing in them breaks, squeeks, rattles, falls off, or just fails. im assuming the armada is essentially the exact same vehicle.. its by far the worst infiniti you could buy.

luckily the motors have about zero problems at all.. its just the entire rest of the enormous gas guzzling monster that breaks!

edit:
According to Consumer Reports, Infiniti's QX SUV is the least-reliable car on the market. It is 300% less reliable than the average car.
good freakin lord!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, no big fam. I actually drive 18 wheelers and I am on down time now. I would probably drive the thing less than 2k a year.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
TomsMR2 said:
actually everyone in the damn shop works on QX56's alot, because they're breaking constantly..
I heard that the QX and the Armada got rated as the least reliable new vehicle for 05. That doesn't sound like Nissan.

Haj, just use carpron.com, you can host them for free there.

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
My two cents:

Looks cool, but damn is it just huge. But if it makes you happy, congrats!

And now for a rant:

I wish people wouldn't drive huge vehicles like that when you can get a smaller, more fuel efficient (and safer for everyone else on the road) car or truck that has the same passenger/storage capacities.

"I want to be up high so I can see!" is the reason that most women will give you when you ask them why they buy huge trucks/SUVs.. seriously. If you can't see ahead, then you're following the car in front of you too closely.

"I want to be safer in a crash." is lame too. I got t-boned in my smg '93NA by a Ford Excursion and drove the sumbitch home. If you get into a crash at freeway speeds, you're going to be in trouble whether your car is a Nissan Armada or an MR2 Spyder. 'cept if you're in a big SUV, you're more likely to roll over. :)

Sorry for ranting.. but you asked ;)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
SUVs are good for nothing, that's a fact

Although I'll say I'd prefer a mid-sized SUV for offroading over a truck... Something like the style of an old 4Runner, Pathfinder, Blazer, Landcruiser, etc. Just seems better suited than a small cab and a long bed

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Nitsud said:
SUVs are good for nothing, that's a fact

Although I'll say I'd prefer a mid-sized SUV for offroading over a truck... Something like the style of an old 4Runner, Pathfinder, Blazer, Landcruiser, etc. Just seems better suited than a small cab and a long bed
so basically, suv's are good for nothing, except for those things they're good for? :D

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
lis, I dont think I will drive it much for my occupation gets me home once a week for abuut every 1.5 months. Like an 18 wheeler you shouldnt linger around a SUV. :evillaugh

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
GoBlueTwo said:
so basically, suv's are good for nothing, except for those things they're good for? :D
No, they're plain good for nothing. Even though I'd rather have the extra seats and storage space for wheeling, it's already been proven that trucks are better. So therefore, they're good for nothing! :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts