MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so most of us know that the ecu puts the car into like "safe mode" or "low boost mode" "or whatever its called" whenever the TEMPS are low....well is there anyway to lets say be stuck in that mode when its like 60-80 degrees outside????

i set my MBC to 15 PSI right before it got really cold out and for a few days it ran constant 15 and when i got cold "safe mode" happend...so im just wondering....let me know thanks.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
You need to disable your TVSV to eliminte that, I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Capping off the second nipple on the wg actuator and the vac line that went to it is one way to do it.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man i was looking for the little light blue thingy to unplug it but i couldnt find it...and im getting a little frustrated cause its like 50+ degrees and it doesnt want to get out of low boost mode....:veryangry

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Actually, the T/VSV is what allows you to go to high boost mode. If you disable it, you will be in low boost mode permanently.

Low intake air temp, and low coolant temp, are the 2 conditions that prevent you from getting high boost.

You need to determine 1) is the ECU energizing the T/VSV, and 2) if not, why not. But disabling it will NOT put you in high boost.

bill

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well according to my stock temp gauge my car is warming up well and keeping a steady (regular) temp....

now...low intake temps....maybe...50 degrees w/o wind chill...but driving it will be cooler....am i gettting this correct so far???

is the ECU energizing the T/VSV...i dont know...how can i check????

also....i have the "2's R Us" MBC....and the directions say to unplug something and plug it up with a cap.....

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
1) Youcan monitor the operation of the T/VSV by wiring an indicator light or LED into the T/VSV circuit. many owners have done this simple mod.

2) If you have MBC, then it is what controls your boost level. If you want more boost, turn the adjuster clockwise.

3) If its 50F outside and your coolant is up to temp , then the ECU is definitely is NOT preventing high boost..

bill

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but the thing is..i have set my MBC and it has ran 15 PSI before....i also made sure that the knob bolt was tight and i couldnt turn it any more free hand....

bill, how can i do that LED mod????...

im also getting my oil changed tomorrow and ill get the car on a lift and see if i hooked it up right....but it WAS running 15...and im running out of ideas:(:(

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
There are 2 conductors in the T/VSV harness, +B (blk/yellow) and TPC (blue)

If you use a standard 12V bulb, just connect the bulb across the 2 conductors. It will light whenever the ECU turns on the T/VSV.

If you use an LED, the positive side must connect to +B, and the negative side to TPC. Again, it will light when th eECU turns n the T/VSV. If you use an LED DO NOT connect to a chassis ground.

bill

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i went back and looked at the directions, went to my car and did it step by step...and still nothng..still 7 PSI...got out and turned up my boost and geuss what it runs 14 PSI now...15 by the time im done today...thanks for all your help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts