MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has been running great but all of a sudden it wont boost past 5-6 psi, as soon as it hits that it loses all power almost like its going to stall, it feels just like fuel cut, although it cant be as i have an HKS FCD and it isnt throwing a check engine light. i spent all day searching for boost leaks and came up with nothing...so i am very frustrated as this weekend is supposed to be great in VA(maybe even T Top weather) my problem shouldnt be ignition related as all components are only a couple thousand miles old im thinking maybe something with my tial wg, but its only a couple thousand miles old as well...if anyone has any ideas or answers i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks for your time,
Justin

sb .46 set at stock boost w/ no BC til problem is figured out
greddy IC
new plugs, wires, rotor cap and button

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i had this problem when I was boosting while I was low on fuel. I has a few ticks left so I though I was good, but as soon as the boost hit 4-5PSI the car would almost die. After filling up it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive got a half tank

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody...im thinking of checking my WG today, but not sure how to go about doing that...i think it has to be something of this nature to not build more than 5psi...i would really appreciate some help

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i took my wg off today, and it was closed so i assume thats fine, i also checked the nuts and studs on the turbo and they are all tight, rechecked all hoses and cant come up with anything, car still wants to die at 5psi, not stall but lose power and studder...any ideas?

·
Registered
329 Posts
same problem here, except mine still runs, you can just hear all motor and a little bit of the turbo spooling, and then it only shows it boosting a little under 1/2 on the oem boost gauge.

anyone know? It did this before too, but then after i got on a different highway itd spool to 8psi like it usually does, recently changed oil, 1/2 tank of gas, cars warmed up etc, no CEL or oil lights. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts