MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Never tried it, but I do have a pair sitting here. They are very heavy however and do not fold forward so you couldn't put the T-top behind the seat anymore.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
dunno maybe its just me but my 2 has the most comfortable seats in any car ive ever sat in (cept for my friends 88 maserati). They are much more comfortable than my dads new acura TL. I've sat in some nice cars at auto shows, but never a really nice car

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking of those two tone ones off the m-roadster i am not sure how to paste a picture but here is a link to what I am talking about
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6131&item=4523836365&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
but I would want a red and black combo.... I was thinking of the CST leather that alot of people have been getting but.... I dunno these look so much nicer then mk2 seats redone. Of course I dunno how much these kind of seats would be... I hope not as much as the ones pictured above since that one is heated and from a e36. SMCF you say that these seats dont move the back support adj forward and I cant put my t top back? damn but i should still be able to move it forward on the rails towards the front of the car right??? anyway I am just thinking of redoing my interior in the future and exploring all the possibilities

J

·
0 Posts
It's all about S2000 seats in an MR2. 500 bucks for a pair, and some custom brackets and it's on!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
llama_of_doom said:
Those are the exact seats I have, even the same color. You can move the seats forward on the rails (power rails). I don't think that they have enough movement however too get the top in behind them. They definately are not as well bolstered as the stock MR2 seat. I would expect the M-roadster seats too be at least the same price as the E46 seats mr2blackna posted maybe more because they are even harder too find especially in a specific two tone color.

J

·
0 Posts
www.craigslist.com They usually range from 500-650. You can find the tan leather S2000 seats for as low as 450. Black goes from 500-650, and red is pretty random. The red doesn't match our crimson reds, so I went with black. Still tryin' to get my friend to get these brackets set up though.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jinraiden I havent been able to find any seats on craigslist i dunoo what do you search for

SMCF really the seats don't move back i am surprised since they are luxury seats and the back doesn't adjust I have never been in a car where its impossible to do that do you have any pics of your seats? are you sellin them since they are layin around

J

·
0 Posts
llama_of_doom said:
jinraiden I havent been able to find any seats on craigslist i dunoo what do you search for
Wow, that is odd. Between S2000 seats, and S2000 rims, you can almost ALWAYS find them on craigslist. Just keep checking everyday, they're almost always for sale. Just go to "cars+trucks" and search "S2000 seats" they'll pop up eventually.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Mmmm. I loved my M Roadster seats.

Sorry, these aren't the best images of the seats, but you get an idea.

Actually the E36 (1995-1999) M3 seats (aka Vaders) might be better seats though. The seats pictured above is from the newer E46 M3.

-Scott

1 - 20 of 25 Posts