MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im due for an oil change soon, and im going to southern cali in 2 weeks, i remember last time i was at autobacs they had a bunch of nice looking jdm oil, like hks and apexi...is this worth buying? i have no idea how much it costs, just bored at work, figured id post :)

·
270whp on a CT26...
3,458 Posts
if you want REALLY good oil, get Motul or something. there's also nothing wrong with any good synthetic motor oil, as long as you change it often enough and it's the correct weight. Mobil1 10w-30 is fine and cheaper than Motul/Amsoil/Redline/Royal Purple...

i wouldn't even bother with Apex'i or HKS oil, seems just like a ploy to extract money from your wallet. :)

-Mike

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
JDM dinasaurs were smaller so it takes more to make oil, hence the price difference.. hhehehe j/k

As long as its a good brand, the important thing is to use the proper oil weight.

Dan

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahah no i honestly didnt think it made any diff, just figured id post to see if you guys had actually heard if it was worth a damn, plus i think its around the same price as mobil 1 synthetic...hmm, maybe ill try it out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
When your car runs off four or more bowls of rice, and you want that extra smooth slide in your engine. Be sure to pick up JDM KIKOMAN soy oil. Not only does it protect your rice but it tastes great too.:lol:

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
the only reason id ever buy any of that oil (and i dont know if the apex or hks is like this) but the greddy/trust comes in metal can and itd be cool to have on the wall of the garage for looks only, but i doubt id actually pay the amount they want, who knows, i gotta get a job first

garrett

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
think about it though, mobil and castrol and such have been making oil for decades...a lot of these companies have been around for like maybe 25 30 years max..and they arent strictly in th oil business. just get a brand whos been doing oil all the time. Mobile is good but I use regular castrol GTX 10W40

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i used to run castrol syntec in my ae86....but found that it tended to burn alot....now i use nothing but motul synthetic in the mr2.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts