MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were driving back to back for a while until you pulled off onto the shoulder. If you are on here, I was wondering if everything was ok w/ the car? That was the beginning of a long day for me...

After you pulled off, I stopped at the scenic look out on top of the mountain to see if you would catch up. I took a picture of my car and noticed steam coming from my engine bay, and the car was beginning to overheat. Long story short, I believe my HFHOE blew and I was towed the rest of the way to Richmond. If you pulled off because I was throwing coolant on you i'm sorry, I've had that hapen and it's nasty.

Just saying hi and sharing the experience. It'd be sad if two mr2's broke down within minutes of each other.

John

·
Registered
405 Posts
I saw a black MKII on one of the scenic overlooks on 64E Friday afternoon as I was headed to Charlottesville. I didn't really notice it until I had passed the ramp though, so I just kept going. Was this you?

Ben

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It most likely was. Sadly, at the point where I took these pictures I didn't even realize that the car was losing coolant and starting to overheat. I'm pretty sure nothing was hurt though. Sucked for my dog having to ride in the tow-truck back.:)
John

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I was actually on 64 friday and sunday but I didnt see a single MR2 :(. I was visiting my friend in williamsburg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts