MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
alright so im having some big problems...when i push the gas pedal to the floor the rpms go up really really slowly....and the engine try's to get itself running...we changed the altinator belt because it was warn out and we took the air conditioning belt off because it was pretty warn out as well but i did not have a new one yet so there is not ac belt on the car...the timing belt looks pretty fresh...ive had the car for almost a month now and this is the first problem i have had with it... please any advise from anyone would be great.
dan thomas

p.s. im wondering if there is some sort of vaccum system that runs off of the ac belt and maybe thats why its not working properly...

i will be back shortly to check on any messages.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it wasn't, it was not running well but I'm getting the clutch changed as we speak and that was the other problem... the guy at the place that i am getting this stuff fixed told me that it is probably the battery...he told me that if you have a car where the belt to the alternator has snapped, like mine did, and you run it even for a short distance the battery might be weak and because these this have an electronic fuel system the fuel may not be getting to the engine very well...and i think he is right because last night i turn the engine on and ran it for like 10-15 minutes revving the engine trying to figure out what it was and i did notice it getting better and better but not really anything enough to be able to drive it anywhere.
thanks for the reply Byron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.