MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what did you guys use for oil feed and return lines? what fittings did you use to make the lines from the stock oil feed/return

Also what size are your feed/ return lines

BTW i have a gen3..... will this work?

KO Racing Oil Feed Adapter

Building your own turbo kit? This adapter converts the stock oil feed to a -3AN fitting. Dichromate plated to prevent corrosion.

David

·
Registered
349 Posts
No, that adapter will not work in a gen 3 block. We can build one for you if you need one, just shoot us an email and we can work out the details :).

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
You need a 12mmX1.25 fitting for your Gen3. That is the hole in the block and then have it come out to a -3 preferably.

T

·
0 Posts
ha i built one for 3 dollars...your local autoparts store sells the correct sized bolt for oil pan drain plug, just drill and tap for the size fitting you need

·
Premium Member
11,234 Posts
TerribleTo4E said:
ha i built one for 3 dollars...your local autoparts store sells the correct sized bolt for oil pan drain plug, just drill and tap for the size fitting you need
:ghetto: Dude spend the $15 for a correct part. If you don't have the drill press, drill bit, and tap, its gonna cost you that much more anyways. $15 is not much for a clean, leak free correct part. But I concur that the GenIII is 12mm not 18mm which is what is pictured.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
TerribleTo4E said:
Thats for the oil drain, what is pictured is the oil feed line. You cant drill and tap easily into the block, can you? Even if you could, why do all that and chance ruining something that will cost you an extra $10-$20 to do correctly?

·
Premium Member
11,234 Posts
93smgturbo said:
Thats for the oil drain, what is pictured is the oil feed line. You cant drill and tap easily into the block, can you? Even if you could, why do all that and chance ruining something that will cost you an extra $10-$20 to do correctly?
Actually they are identically sized, the return and supply holes. Both 18mm on GenII. ATS (sorry) was the first to use this idea....purchase OEM drain plugs for the tranny and drilled and tapped them to work as supply. DO NOT EVER drill in [an assembled] block LOL.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I see. I am more familiar with the Gen3's. I know the gen2's are 18mmX1.5 and gen3's are 12mmX1.25 but I dont know about either of the drain holes in the oil pan.

·
Premium Member
11,234 Posts
93smgturbo said:
I see. I am more familiar with the Gen3's. I know the gen2's are 18mmX1.5 and gen3's are 12mmX1.25 but I dont know about either of the drain holes in the oil pan.
Regardless, I think he meant tranny drain plug. The (engine) oil drain pan plug is a little guy....14mm head. Either way its a bad idea, just get the right fitting if you can.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
His thread is about a bigger turbo. What does a big turbo and a tranny have to do with eachother. Im pretty sure he is asking about the oil feed/oil drain plugs for the turbo. I dont see how a tranny would work its way into this.

·
Premium Member
11,234 Posts
93smgturbo said:
His thread is about a bigger turbo. What does a big turbo and a tranny have to do with eachother. Im pretty sure he is asking about the oil feed/oil drain plugs for the turbo. I dont see how a tranny would work its way into this.
LOL...just don't worry man, I make these lines for a living, I'll help him out.

GenIIIMrDuece - hey, email me direct if you have more questions on sizing: [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts