MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some opinions from our tuners in the community as to which way to at the present time I can go for alittle more performance from my setup.

I have gianed a good bit of knowledge from the forum, I like to think atleast, and I'm thinking a S-AFC and some 550's since I cannot afford another ems right now. I just would like to get alittle safer in my boosting and would have these dyno tuned.
Also will the S-AFC control 750's with the stock ecu? Also will timing be a concern?

Thanks ahead of time for any and all replies,
Gregg

PS, My current mods are as follows:

Garrett T66
Greddy IC
Greddy BOV
Greddy Boost C
.20 over JE pistons
TRD HG
SFP manifold
HKS WG
Magnecor wires
NGK plugs

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
timing will be a concern Might wanna get an ITC> if you are stuck on goin the cheap piggy back way. I dont think you can control more then 550s with an safc. I was thinking about doing the same thing with 850s. Just save up for an EMS>

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An ems is atleast 1.5-2yrs away as things stand right now. In hindsight though I believe our stock fuel systems are good for what, about 325-350 rwhp? If so I need to get to a dyno and the track and see where I stand.
I'm just thinking of going the piggy back way for awhile so I'm thinking just the SAFC and 550's will keep me happy and fast until the ems comes.

Thanks bud,
Gregg

·
Registered
876 Posts
... do a search... with the money you can save from buying an safc and an itc, you are already about half way to an ems. dont skimp around on the most important part of the motor. if you are the same texasmr2 from a while ago on the old board that dissapeared... you should know this.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I'm the one and only "texasmr2"! I just need'd you alls input to slap me back into reality. I guess I just had an urge to waste bandwidth, MY BAD haha.
I just got excited being back on the board but I'm back to reality now, thanks!

Yah I'm just gonna save up and buy a Nemesis II this summer.

Gregg

·
Registered
876 Posts
ya i would do that... whatever happend to ya? i thought you had an autoronic or whatever ems and a bunch of other parts sitting in your garage waiting to go on for the past 3yrs?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I lost my job last year and basically went this whole past year unemployed so I had to sell my Autronic. I basically lost everything ems, apt and almost my car. I was actually homeless for about 3 months.
The only other parts I had sitting around was an old Trueleo manifold that I sold about 7-8 months before I lost my job.

·
Registered
876 Posts
ahhh damn... well at least you are on a come back... be smart about the mods though... you go cheap, and you are gonna be without a car a lot faster than if you would have just saved a touch more and got it done right.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
texasmr2 said:
In hindsight though I believe our stock fuel systems are good for what, about 325-350 rwhp?
Gregg
Try 275rwhp.

texasmr2 said:
I'm just thinking of going the piggy back way for awhile so I'm thinking just the SAFC and 550's will keep me happy and fast until the ems comes.
Gregg
If happiness means doing an engine rebuild, then by all means, get the SAFC and 550's. If you can't afford $1k for an SDR EMS, then you probably can't afford a rebuild right now. I'd try to be happy within the limits of stock fuel for now, and save up some money for a rainy day. It sounds like you've had a few of those in the past year, so that should provide some incentive.

Welcome back,

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts