MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy locally in my small town that has a set of BFG DR's that are sized 255/50/16 and I have a set of NSX rims I would like to mount them on. I have two questions.

1. They have been used once at the track and are almost new, are they worth $200?

2. I know I will have to roll the fenders to make them fit but when I measured their width it was about 11.5". When I measure from the inside of my strut to the outside of the fender, it measures about 11". It doesnt seem logical that they will fit, but do they? I know many have ran them before but my car is pretty low, Im not sure how low cuz I dont know what springs are back there.

Is it a huge PITA to make these fit or will they fit fairly easy with rolling the fenders and making sure I have the proper offset on the rims? Thanks guys.

Andrew M.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
I ran the 255's for the last 2 years. I know have the 275s.
I have the H&R springs so Hyde is pretty low as well.
With the fender rolled, I would still occassionally bumpthe inner fender, but it never proved to be a big issue.

I know have my inner fender lip completely cut out to fit the 275s back there.

You biggest concern is going to be the offset of your wheel. If your particular wheels sits closer or further away that is going to make life easier or harder for you.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The inner part of you wheel well where the fender is, bends in almost an inch. You bend the metal up in the well to give yourself some more clearance for wider tires. Do a search for "roll fender" and there is lots to read on it.

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
$200 is worth it for the set of DRs used once

i have 235/60/15s on my car -- work great... for now.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts